Blog Archive

View Posts by Topic

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snowy, Crazy Valentine's Day Weekend!

Don't you just love it when it snows in Alabama? I can't help but think about when I lived in Michigan and how it never failed to snow. People would just keep going with their every day lives, not thinking twice about the beautiful white fluffiness that was falling down upon them. I wonder what they think when they hear people from the South are running to their grocery stores to stock up on Milk and other necessities because it is going to snow a few inches? They probably laugh hysterically!!

Snow is fun, but I definitely prefer it here in Alabama, when it comes down in moderation. I also love SNOW DAYS!

Here is the story of our snow day and our first Valentine's Day as a married couple:

Friday at my internship, we were having our Valentine's Party, only to be cut short due to the fact that snow was coming down. It was a crazy day, but the kids were so excited, reminding me of why I love teaching in the first place. I was so excited to be leaving at 11:00, meaning I would be able to get home and make our first snow man at our new house before the sun melted all the snow (Jordan could help when he got home). Just as I was on my way home I got a call from Jordan, saying he was very sick and was leaving work to come home.

Two thoughts came to mind:
1.Oh no, my husband is sick and it's Valentine's Day weekend! :( 
and 
2. Yay! Jordan is coming home, I'm sure he feels well enough to come outside and at least make one snowman with me!! :)


Turns out Jordan had a stomach virus. So I went outside and made the snowman (or should I say snowgirl) all by my self.  But wait, there is a twist to the story.

The minute I came back into the house, my stomach started hurting as well. I had the stomach virus too!! :( Trust me, this weekend was rough. Two people, newlyweds, coming down with a terrible stomach virus at the same time, talk about getting to know each other on a whole new level.

On top of being sick, everyone in Gadsden was snowed/iced in their driveways. No one could come and take care of our dehydrated selves.  It was pretty pitiful.

It was our first Valentine's weekend as a married couple and we pretty much stayed sick in bed until Sunday. We had plans, but they were quickly changed.


On a brighter note, this weekend definitely proved that our love is unconditional! I guess our Valentine's Day wasn't completely ruined after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!