Blog Archive

View Posts by Topic

Saturday, January 15, 2011

e-mealz

As you all know, for our 21 Days of Prayer we are committed to eating in for every meal, for the rest of the month. To some, that might not sound like a huge deal.
It is for us.
Going to dinner or lunch after church is one of our most favorite things to do!
It's not that I don't like to cook, I do...sometimes.

It's that it takes so much time to make something really good, when you can go out to dinner and it tastes a million times better.

That sounded lazy, didn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I do get in those moods where I want to cook up something new and yummy; and I do cook at least 4 out of 5 nights of the week on a regular basis.

It's the weekends that are a challenge.

Last night was our first Friday night to stay in and cook. Can you believe that?
We have gone to family/friend dinners on weekends where we've cooked in, but never at home by ourselves.

I've been trying e-mealz.

It was easy.
I signed up, chose where I shopped and got a list for 5 meals this week.
(It's $15 for 3 months of recipes, they send you a new list every week.
Use the code DAVE [you know..Dave Ramsey, he's big on e-mealz] and get $2.50 off).
It gave me a shopping list and totaled up the amount my grocery list would cost. I was impressed!
The great thing about it, is I can save all the recipes and grocery lists for months to come!
And plus, you can choose meals for 2 people so you don't have to be wasteful!!

So what did we have on our first Friday night ever, to eat in?

Greek Chicken, Seasoned Noodles, Ceasar Salad and Rolls


Here's what the typical e-mealz recipe looks like!
(I took pictures so you could see the progress)


Chicken Ingredients:
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
3 green onions, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
Greek seasoning

Directions:
Thaw chicken and place in greased casserole dish.
Mix together diced tomatoes, diced onions and diced celery.

Top each piece with tomatoes, onions and celery.

Sprinkle generously w/ Greek seasoning.
that Greek seasoning was YUMMY!

Cover and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until tender.

Seasoned Noodles Ingredients:
1/3 pkg egg noodles

4 oz cream cheese
(2 T butter, 1⁄4 c parmesan, garlic salt)

Directions:

Boil noodles and toss w/ cream cheese, butter, parmesan and garlic salt. Heat and stir often until cheese is melted.


Serve with salad and rolls.


Now Jordan and I are very picky eaters.
I'm big on the look and texture of food.
I'll have to say that I wasn't very excited to try it, by the look of it.
It was actually VERY good.
Jordan was obsessed with the noodles!
What a wonderful dinner!

I encourage you to try it!


10 comments:

  1. I am a big texture person as well when it comes to eating food. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love love your flash header and button..super cute. Also, I love this challenge of eating in. Daniel and I are horrible for grabbing food out of convenience. I think we need to try this and the emealz thing sounds great as well! And it's good to know you guys like it because my husband also has a huge texture issue:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I think I might look into trying this... the price is good, and it seems like it would help save money! I am bad about going to the store with a list then coming back with things that WELL wasn't on the list haha! Love the pictures of the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely worth checking out..we're liking it a lot so far! They are easy to cook meals, but they aren't boring! I've always struggled with finding new recipes that don't have 500 new ingredients I have to buy. All of these recipes are short, but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! That looks delicious!! I have heard about e=mealz before, but I didn't want to pay the money. I have really been wanting to cook more and it IS hard to find new recipes! I have been using allrecipes.com right now, but you just have to search on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks SO easy and SO yummy!! I May have to try this one myself..thanks!!! AND goodluck with the eating in every night! It can be tough..my husband and I did that when we first moved to england before our university funding came in and we were on a VERY tight budget..we are HUGE foodies, and are known to go out nightly and splurge on extravagant meals..we can't control ourselves..but when we moved and didnt have the extra cash it was a big adjustment..BUT it has forced us into the kitchen together which i now LOVE (he is my chopper) and i have really started to enjoy getting creative. ALl that to say..you can do it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks SO yummy! My hubby loves cooking with Cavender's seasoning :)

    We used to go out to eat ALL the time before we got married but now we love cooking at home! We save the going out to eat for the weekends :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a good idea! I've never heard of e-mealz. I'll have to take a look at it! Your dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of eating in. I think it is a great idea. Your blog is so cute. I am so into yellow and gray right now. Very Hip!!! And thanks for the recipe. I am now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we have done e-mealz before and loved it! i have all of my menus saved and we still use the recipes! that looks like a good one! it was a great way to save money and i was definitely more organized with my shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!