Blog Archive

View Posts by Topic

Friday, October 8, 2010

Great news!!

Guess who is now employed?..

--->><<---



this girl!!!

I know, I couldn't believe it myself. After months and months of applying online and taking my resume school to school without ever hearing anything back, I got a job. How... you ask?.. Well it wasn't anything special that I did, it was God answering my prayers. I finally learned to sit patiently and wait on the Lord (very tough for me to learn, might I add). God worked out every little detail and found me a job that is going to be a perfect learning experience for me. Jordan and I almost couldn't believe the great news.
 I am a reading interventionist. If you are like almost every one of my "non-education major" friends, you are probably wondering what in the world is a reading interventionist??

Just for the record, it is a teaching position (I have my own classroom and everything!!). I am the one who collaborates with the teachers and reading coach to find those students who struggle in certain areas of reading (and if you are an educator who has had ARI training, you know there are only 6 reasons why someone would struggle in reading). After pinpointing the interference and finding the right lessons and materials to help each student, I pull those students, either in very small groups or one-on-one, and work with them until they are able to master a new skill... I'm sure you would LOVE to hear alll about it, but I wont bore you with the details. I have been at this job or 3 weeks, and I will tell you there is no better feeling than seeing a student that you worked with make progress. I have a feeling I will grow more this year than in all four years of college.

Other than my job description being perfect for me, I am loving the school, students and faculty as well.
Get this, I could wear jeans and a T-shirt to work any day of the week! Now, you wont see me wearing jeans and a T-shirt  except on Fridays. Part of the fun of being a new teacher is getting to buy and wear cute teacher clothes. Silly...I know, but I'm sure after 15 years or so of teaching that wont be so important to me, but it sure is now!

Oh and did I mention, I have my own classroom?! You can't imagine all the fun I've been having with that.
Now, that deserves its very own blog.. haha!



I love my job. Thank you Jesus!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!