Blog Archive

View Posts by Topic

Monday, June 14, 2010

Waiting...

I have been told before that I am not the most patient person in the world. I do not enjoy relying on someone else to do something for me because I can't stand waiting, why not do it myself? God has been teaching me a whole lot about myself recently. Isn't it funny how a relationship with God is all about relying on Him and His timing? I mean, I'm fine with relying on Him for salvation that He so freely gives, I was fine with relying on Him to bring me that one person that I am meant to spend the rest of my life with, and I am fine with relying on him to "supply all my needs according to His riches and glory " (Philippians 4:19), but I just want to know how and when He will supply my needs!  I'm just struggling with patience and relying on His timing. Why am I so impatient?

Jordan and I have been so blessed in this past year. We've graduated from college, gotten married, shared a wonderful honeymoon, bought a beautiful house, spent time with friends and family; the list could go on and on and on...We know that the Lord is going to continue to bless us and use us to further His kingdom; however, we are in a waiting stage.Waiting for the Lord to show us what it is that He wants us to do; our purpose. We can sense that He is going to do something big with our lives, we just have no clue what that is going to be yet. For the time being, we've been searching high and low . We are coming to the realization that he wants us to wait, not search or try to make things happen ourselves, but rely on His timing.

So this is my prayer:
"Lord, Thank you for blessing us so abundantly!  You have gone so far just to show us that your love is unconditional and we are in awe of You! We hold on to your promises Lord, promises to give us a hope and a future, plans to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11). You have promised good things to those who love you and keep your commandments ( Deuteronomy 5:10). We know that we may not understand everything in this world, but we will acknowledge You in everything, because we want You to direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). Show us where to go, Lord, and we will go. Give us a peace that surpasses all understanding as we wait upon you Lord (Philippians 4:7). Help us to have patience because we know that Your timing is perfect. Everything you have given to us has been in perfect timing. We know that everything You have in store for us is good, even if it is nothing like what we have planned for ourselves. Not our will, Lord, but Yours be done (Luke 22:42). 

Amen

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wing's as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

So right now, I'm waiting on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!