Blog Archive

View Posts by Topic

Monday, October 5, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Greer Home Edition

Don't you just love that show, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Everytime I watch it, it leaves tears in my eyes. I am always in awe of what the team can complete in 7 days, and it warms my heart to see some very derserving people recieve such a wonderful gift after many years of trial and hardship.Well, we did a little home makeover ourselves and it left tears in my eyes as well. Not the same kind as the show gives me, but more of the "ARE WE EVER GOING TO BE FINISHED?!" kind. Don't let me fool you.. it hasn't been that bad.. It has actually been kind of fun. You know.. the whole "getting married and starting a family together" butterflies are great. I also love being able to take a house that is like a blank canvas and create our dream home (well, sort of).We are on a budget. Thankfully, Jordan's parents have had their share of home renovation and are willing to help us out. We are doing every bit of this ourselves. Pray for us!!

Just to give everyone a little sneak peek into what were doing..I'll post some BEFORE pictures for you!

 Here is the outside of our home. I will tell you our big plan here: painting the shutters black! Okay, well its not that big of a plan, but we think it'll make the house look more "modern". Our long term plans are to fix the landscaping. Jordan has the ideas about that one, he's Mr. creative, not me.
Master bathroom: Look at that gorgeous pink marble sink, only to be an accent to that black wallpaper covered in multicolored peacocks! Wait until you see what we are going to do with this!
Living Room: Don't you just LOVE our cement brick WALLPAPER?! This room is leading into our guest bedroom.

Master Bedroom: I'm not entirely sure, but something gives me the impression that the little old lady who lived here before us had an obsession with the color pink, what do you think?

Those are a few of the BEFORE pictures. We are going to do the master bedroom, bathroom and living room first. Then after we move in, we will work our way throughout the house.

I'll leave you with a picture that will scare you. I know it will scare you only because it scares me.

Yep, what you see is destruction. But Jordan promises me that it will one day be our bedroom leading into our walk in closet. And yes, there is a toilet in my closet. I am told that it will be removed shortly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!